Disconnect from the world, and wake up refreshed to the sights and sounds of the Australian bush from your safari bungalow, with its view across the untamed natural landscape.
Whether you are traveling in a group, as a couple or solo, Bamurru Plains options all include the ultimate fully hosted, fully guided escape.
Bamurru Plains is open from March to October, visit our booking page to find your next stay.
Daily Guided Safaris
Embark on airboat safaris, croc-spotting river cruises, sundowner safaris, guided wilderness walks and more.
The Bamurru Lodge
Meet other travellers and relax in between experiences
Wet Edge Pool
Overlook at the floodplains in the refreshing pool at The Lodge
Learn from our knowledgable and passionate team
Ensuite bathroom with rainfall shower & organic personal care items
All Bungalows have large ceiling fans and walls made from durable mesh for your comfort
Three delicious meals a day created by an on site chef. Tailored to your dietary needs
Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages and a selection of Australian wine
View Rates and compare accommodation
Child Policy for a family-friendly experience
Bamurru Plains is family-friendly, suitable for children strictly 8 years of age and over. This is partly acknowledging the intimacy of our communal-style lodge for guests, and additionally several safety considerations.
Bedding for children is a traditional swag – the authentic Australian rolled bed with inbuilt mattress and pillow. Children need to be confirmed at time of booking, with an additional cost for swags.
A few points to consider:
- The lodge itself is located on a working buffalo station with free roaming buffalo around the bush camp setting. Children need to be of an age that they are comfortable around native wildlife, to understand and appreciate the incredible natural wonder of the location, while being old enough to avoid being disruptive to the wildlife.
- We don’t encourage getting up close and personal, feeding or patting native wildlife. More, our destination is an opportunity to witness the extraordinary interactions of diverse animal and birdlife in their natural setting.
- There are no child-minding facilities available.
- All guests dine together communally in the main lodge, except for guests of Jabiru Retreat who can request to dine at their accommodation during lunch, and the Kingfisher Suite who can request to dine in their accommodation at either lunch or dinner.
- The menu selection is prepared by our inhouse Chef for all guests, both adults and children (no separate kids meals available).
- We encourage all guests to take advantage of Bamurru’s off-grid location with no internet or mobile phone coverage. If children do require movies or entertainment, we recommend downloading to your devices before arriving at Bamurru so kids can utilise in their accommodation in down-time from the day’s activities.
Please note, if the lodge is booked for exclusive-use with suitable supervision arranged, children of any age will be permitted.